Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Breaking Dawn...and some ruminations on tunes.

So I saw the movie this weekend (major props to my bff Joey Amron who assisted the entire edit-- what what!) and now I CANNOT stop listening to the soundtrack. Seriously, you guys, have you downloaded it? Because pretty sure my entire second novel is going to be written to "Turning Page."

My writing partner Leila Sales likes to make fun of me because I am not always up on music. I like to tell her I am a foodie for music, but she does not agree (I only know the one song by Florence and the Machine, and most of my playlists have Justin Timberlake on them). One thing that is really REALLY crucial for me in writing is to have inspiring music. I imagine it is what marathoners feel, as well. I mean, I don't run, so I can't say for sure, but if I did, I would need A LOT of inspiring music. Same thing goes for writing---I need some pretty awesome songs to keep me stomping the keyboard pavement.

I posted the soundtrack I listened to while I was writing When You Were Mine over at: Rebecca Serle

What are your favorite writing/running/reading songs? An what did everyone think of Breaking Dawn?

XO,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment