Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

When The Last Guest Had Gone, And The Last Glass of Champagne Had Been Drunk, We Surveyed The Damage

George Banks, Father of the Bride

I don't know why I keep thinking of the ending of that movie today, but I do. It has been an incredible week--- readings and signings and a party. Best friends in town, parents, lots of love. I am so grateful for such a wonderful start to what I hope will be a long, and happy career. I will post the breakdown (with pics!) later, but for now, I leave you with this.

It's the start of something new. Which I suppose always means the end of something else.

xoxoxo

R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWE9GE9QPI

No comments:

Post a Comment