Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ephron and Kaling

Hey you guys,

My dearest darling friend Hannah sent me this article from 2010 this morning. Mindy Kaling watches You've Got Mail...could there be anything better?

http://www.vulture.com/2010/09/watch_youve_got_mail_with_mind.html

I was, and will always be, a huge Nora Ephron fan. When Harry Met Sally was the first movie I saw that spoke to me in a way I didn't know movies could. Her wit was remarkable, her timing unparalleled.  She was, in my humble opinion, the most delightful of combinations...a pragmatic woman with a romantic's heart. I think it's something that Kaling shares, and one of the reasons I adore her.

Read the piece, it's wonderful, and take a little time to remember Nora. If heaven is anything like the Upper West Side I'm sure there is a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils waiting for her.

Lots of love,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment