Created for Necessity, Employed for Passion

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Let's build a world. Explore what we believe by writing. In many ways my characters’ experiences with fate, destiny and free-will mirror my own. What is up to us and what isn’t? It’s one of the great questions of the human experience, I think. But no matter what is for us to control, we must own the identity. You’re a writer if you write. Period. Writing is a lovely way to spend one’s time. Enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy my writing here.

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year

2012 has been a great one for me. I published my first novel, When You Were Mine. I sat on a panel at Comic Con (!) I even saw The Counting Crows AND Justin Bieber in concert (seriously, guess what I am most excited about?) The New Year is kind of a big deal for me. My birthday, like Rosaline's, is January 2nd, and therefore in many ways, all of my years begin again in the same period of time. Another year of life, another year of MY life.

I was hanging out last night with two of my friends. They are 19, but they still let me pretend I am cool. So many New Years and birthdays have passed since I was there age and even so, I don't feel grown up yet. And I think that is thanks to all of you. I get to keep talking about being young, figuring it out, about first love. I get to keep giggling and laughing and swooning over cute boys (here's looking at you, Efron). Sometimes people ask me why I write YA novels and I can't give a better answer than this: we have fun.

Thank you for a wonderful, lovely, exciting, dream-making 2012. Here is to an even BETTER 2013.

xoxo,

R

No comments:

Post a Comment